The Start

3:14 PM



Hello there!

Welcome to my new blog.

Self-confession: I am quite fickle-minded.

I used to have several projects on my hand and they all kinda died. 

HAHAHA.

(Well, on the bright side though, I accumulated a wealth of experiences from doing various different stuff ;) ) 

But this one would be different.

Yes, admittedly I said that for the start of every new project that I had.

But this would seriously be different.

Why?

Because this blog would be the manifestation of the new me.

The new me that doesn't want to pretend to be "perfect".

The new me that embraces her flaws the same way she does her strengths.

As I turn 22 at the start of this new year, I started to have this fear.

What if I was fearful of being who I am supposed to be that I became anything the world told me to do? 

I've already followed the normal route from going to primary school to secondary school and up till now I took a critical course in a public university, with good enough grades throughout.

But there's something inside me that felt missing, and just like Moana in the Disney film, I could not shrug it away.

I was missing my dreams.

2 years ago, I wrote a future letter to myself. A long one. On what I expected myself to achieve by the time the letter is received by the older me. It was idealistic no doubt, but it felt right in my heart.

Fast forward to today.

I've grown. A lot. However somehow the fluctuations of emotions intensified, an issue that I'm going to address soon. 

But long story short, I'm still not there. And I'm the only one to blame.  

I'm not sure when I realised this, but I did and felt that I just woke up from a long dream.

Awareness is so important, and I don't want to live my life blindly anymore.

Let all choices be conscious ones, including this.

PC: Miguel Á. Padriñán (Pexels)


You Might Also Like

0 comments